Introduction to Clinical Research is a peer-reviewed and certified short course covering the basic concepts of clinical research. The course provides an introductory overview aimed at everyone involved in clinical research and focuses on the main areas of why and how clinical research is carried out the importance of ethics in research, and an outline of the five main clinical study designs.
Upon completion of the course, you will have gained an understanding of:
- The basic concepts of clinical research e.g. what it is, how it differs from standard care, and why it is undertaken
- The purpose of ethics in research, what informed consent is, and why it is necessary
- Five of the most commonly used study designs
- How high ethical standards, data quality, and uniformity are maintained in a study
The course should take on average 45 minutes to complete
A certificate is issued once a minimum of 80% is achieved in the final quiz section.
- A medical science background
- Physiology understanding
- Free or premium Medcrine account
- Internet connection