Friday 21st of January 2022
4 Students Enrolled
Orthopaedic nursing is a nursing specialty focused on the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders.
Orthopedic issues range from acute problems such as fractures or hospitalization for joint replacement to chronic systemic disorders such as loss of bone density or lupus erythematosus.
An Orthopaedic Nurse takes care of people with musculoskeletal diseases and disorders like arthritis, fractures, broken bones, joint replacements, genetic malformations and osteoporosis. When musculoskeletal problems require surgery, Orthopedic Nurses assist doctors with the operation and help them later with recovering their mobility and strength.
This module covers thematic areas of orthopedic nursing and is suitable for bot nurses with basic diploma and degree nurses.
The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for medical students and healthcare workers with a background of nursing, medicine.
The course is also suitable for holders of other medical sciences and individuals working in healthcare,as well as those considering a career as a healthcare professional, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand this amazing topic.
What you'll learn
- Introduction to orthopedic nursing
- Anatomy and physiology of the bone
- Assessment of orthopaedic patients
- Fractures and types of fractures
- Fracture healing process
- Fracture Management protocol
- Principles of fracture management
- Management of specific fractures
- Introduction to orthopedic nursing15 Minutes
- Anatomy and physiology of the bone15 Minutes
- Assessment of orthopaedic patients15 Minutes
- Fractures and types of fractures15 Minutes
- Fracture healing process15 Minutes
- Fracture Management protocol15 Minutes
- Principles of fracture management15 Minutes
- Management of specific fractures15 Minutes
- Course assessment10 Minutes
- Course feedback and review2 Minutes
- Downloadable course materialsInstant
- Course completition digital certificateInstant
Rate and review this article
Enroll to this course to access all chapters and course materials
- 4 Enrollments
- 2 hour 30 min
- 8 Chapters